Monday, June 8, 2009

Seventh walk

6th June 2009

Perrys Lookdown to Blue Gum Forest and back
3km
2 hours 30 mins

Once again, this is the hardest walk I have ever done. The walk lulls you into a false sense of security by being flat for about half a km, then....straight down a mountain. Of course the walk is return so you are going straight back up as well.

I was concerned about not finishing in daylight, but we did. I needed coaching the whole way from one of the guys in the group, Pete. I wouldn't have done it without him!

I used my right leg as my push leg for the whole way up and now three days later my right quad is still sore. Have to work on evening out my legs.

So this is how hard it was, it took just as long to get down as it did to get back up again.

A challenge, but so rewarding at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment