Sunday, May 24, 2009

Miscellaneous

What am I seeing when I think about Nepal?

I close my eyes and I see myself at Base Camp. Looking down the mountain. Having completed half the walk, the half up the mountain, knowing that the remaining half is downhill.

Sometimes I close my eyes and I see myself back at Lukla, having completed the walk in full. Tired but triumphant.

It's hard to reconcile that with the feelings I have when I'm walking in the bush. It is so easy to look in the distance and think, gosh, I won't make that.

What I have to remember is that it isn't a race. Slow and steady Sarah.

We are walking 8km a day. I already know that I can walk 8km a day. It is not about being fast, it is about being able to walk up hills.

So what do I need to work on to achieve that?

Balance
Core Strength
Endurance
Cardio
Tenacity
Positive attitude

All the things I thought I did well, I now realise I do not so well.

That is the scariest thought of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment