Monday, May 4, 2009

My journey to Nepal (or how I learned to fail)

The story so far.

In 2007 I attended a Personal Development workshop in Charlotte North Carolina. It was fantastic and I learnt alot about myself. One of the many challenges we had to face was a ropes course involving full gear, a telegraph pole and some rubber chickens....I failed miserably and was a crying mess. It made me realise that I never challenged myself to do anything that I didn't know that I would do well. Failure is not an option for me. I simply refuse to try if I think I won't excel.

In 2008 I had a horrible break up that left me sad and slightly depressed. I lost weight but then put all that back on and more. I did do a Foundation course at UNSW and managed to pass with a credit and distinction and get accepted at University for 2009 to do Primary School Teaching.

3 comments:

  1. More to come!

    Topics to come:

    - How I hate to walk
    - Why eating bad food the night before going on a 17km hike is a BAD idea
    - How to reduce a 37 year old woman to a crying mess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also describe a journey step by step on MapVivo (with photo galleries and video), eg. check out this amazing journey to Nepal: http://mapvivo.com/journey/8588#1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, my first comment!

    I was wondering if I was the only one reading my blog. Not that it matters. LOL.

    ReplyDelete