Sunday, May 24, 2009

Third walk

4th April 2009

Communications Tower, Forresters Beach to Toowoon Bay and back
17kms
4 hours and 30 mins

Wow!

I can't believe I did this. Our longest walk so far.

We started off at the Communications Tower at Forresters Beach and immediately walked down about 1km of wooden steps, it dawned on me that these steps would form the end of the walk as well.

Along the valley floor then up some metal steps at the other side, phew, only a little bit into the walk and I'm already tired.

Stopping at Crack Neck lookout then through the bush, going downhill all the way, until we hit the main road and walk to Toowoon Bay. There was a wedding on the beach that we wanted to see but had to leave and start the long walk back up.

Along the coast, through the Golf Club, then through the bush going uphill slowly back to Crack Neck and then back along the walk.

It's deceiving, you look in the distance and can see the communications tower and think it is not that much further, then you remember that there are the metal steps down down down, then along the valley floor then yep, straight up for the last km back to the tower.

Gosh, I am so proud of myself for this.

Verdict: Long and hard, but glad I didn't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment